My First Blog-Jordan
Well, actually this qualifies as my second blog! And please no one expect my blog efforts to be as fancy and Cami, Matt, Emily etc. Anyway thought I would just do a little update about each of the kiddies. This is Jordan-how did he get do big already. He just turned 12 in December and is excited to be in Young Mens and be a deacon. I on the other hand was not so excited about it. I'm not ready for combined activities and the Strength of Youth pamphlet! I was so freaked out about it that is caused me to write in my journal, which only happens every several years. The world is such a mess and I am scared for my kids. It is so much easier when they are little and we can control their environment most of the time. I guess we just have to hope that they are listening when we try to teach them what is right. Anyway, he is such a fun boy to have around. He loves sports-mostly basketball, baseball and football. His favorite is whatever is in season. We finished up his first year of tackle football in the fall. He was a tight end on offense and I don't remember what on defense. It was actually really fun to watch. I thought I might panic every time he hit the ground, but I did ok. And since he has been running passing plays with Todd since he was 1 (in the living room, down the hall-wherever) he has really good hands. He even loved the hard practices 3 days a week. Anyway, now we have moved on to basketball. I think he is a forward, but I can't be certain. Maybe I will post some pictures about that. Jordan also is doing well in piano and likes being on the student council at the elementary school. Perhaps I am a little long winded and better move to the next child...
8 comments:
Jonny and I just love Jordan. Jonny ALWAYS says, "You know, Jordan is just a good kid." And of course, I agree. As an adoring aunt who has seen Jordan grow since birth, it is crazy to me as well that he is really TWELVE big ones. But he will always be my "crazy buddy" and that is that!
Oh, just FYI, Jordan played outside linebacker and d-end. And yes, he is one peck of a stud.
I always thought Jordan was pretty amazing! I can't believe how old he is!! He was like 7 when I left.
Hey, Mel--do you have a blog?? Let's have it!!
Amber, I love your blog. This is such a cute picture of you and my own Jordan. Of course I practically raised him. Don't forget. I love watching you be a mother which is what you always wanted to be. Love, Mom
Hooray for Jordan. I have some stuff to send you J. Don't let me forget.
Amber, nice weblog. Excellent long entries!
what is yoru blog name? I am trying to link it to mine. sharla
Sharla
http://peckfam.blogspot.com/
If you linked from my site, it's all sorts of crazy right now and just keeps my URL at the top. That's probably why you can't see it.
OK Amber- you and Jordan (since you look so good and so young) almost look like you could be siblings. Maybe that is because Jordan has gotten so tall! Your photos are very very cute and I love reading about all the cute stuff your kids do! Sharla
Post a Comment