Wednesday, December 19, 2007

They came to see Baby Jesus!

My little girls have always loved to play with the Natavity sets at Christmas. We finally got the Fisher Price one last year from Mom and they have loved it. K.C. was so cute while they were here last Christmas. He sat right down at the tiny table and played with Allyson for ever. He sure knows how to win the kids over in a short period of time! (which is good because he does have to compete with Jonny's airplane rides and such!!!) Anyway, this year Melody noticed that the kids had set up all the people and animals so that they were facing toward the stable. This makes perfect sense! Of course they would want to look at the baby Jesus. I have noticed lately that other nativities in the house are turned around to see Jesus. One day Allyson set up the nativity like this....
They are waiting in line to see baby Jesus! I thought that was pretty cute, and something only a child would think of. I set up a nativity so we can see the front of all the figures, but Allyson is thinking about how it really would have been.

11 comments:

Katrine said...

Amber Graham! It's Katrine! I stumbled across Lori's blog yesterday and now here I am at yours! How are you girl? I have a blog too. And you know what's funny? I actually named it after your mom's old newspaper column. It's www.squibsandcrackers.wordpress.com My profile will take you to my food blog. Why don't you email me and we'll catch up! katrine@frugalfoodstuffs.com

Cami said...

That is really cute. My kids just turn the angels into action figures and then extra animals are found from other sets and added in. Many times the kings do a stage show and the like. No acting out the actual STORY. What a cute Allyson

Emily said...

When I tried to join KC any Ally playing, she told me I could be the butterfly (the angel). I'll never forget that. She was in such a bad mood that day and wouldn't even talk to us until KC started playing with her. That was a fun Christmas.

melody said...

I love it. That day the preschool kids set up the nativity that way, I read the Christmas story and couldn't help but cry! What a miraculous story. If I were a sheep, I would be facing in to look at baby Jesus too.

Melissa said...

Sweet little Ally. That is such a cute story and I love the pictures. We need to get one of those moveable nativities. We have the one where they are glued down.

mylittlegems said...

I want that FP nativity set. where do you find one like it?

jeff said...

HA HA! Your kids, Amber... your kids... They are hilarious. Especially Allyson flopping around last night. I love your children.

jeff said...

Ok, so that last comment from Jeff was actually from LILI! Thanks.

Unknown said...

Awww! To quote James Arrington, "it causes a lump." That is so cute I can't stand it. Whoda thought? Merry Christmas!

heather peck said...

I love it, the way it really would have been, so sweet~

heather peck said...

Amber, check out my blog under "Style"....our wrap around pants were put on Style Pasifika...have you been able to wear yours? I have had so much fun, I think I will buy me one more pair! See you soon!