Here is a slide show of the big fun. Sorry we didn't visit any Grandparents, but after 2 preschool parties, a party for Katy's class, around 180 trick-or-treaters, and taking the kids out, we were exhausted. These pictures will have to do! Jordan is not represented because he had no costume. He helped scare people at the big spook alley down the street! Allyson told me that Jordan and his friends were trying to scare her. She said "I wish it was a nice alley so they don't have to scare me!" A small explanation of the costume choices--Jillian decided to be a mexican this year! I thought we should at least say Senorita or something a little more PC, but none the less. Thanks to Lili, all of Katy's dreams of being Hermine came true. And, of course Allyson decided on the ratty princess dress-up! At least we didn't have to buy or make anything this year which was the best! Oh, on a funny note, I decided to give out packets of hot chocolate instead of candy this year. I thought it was a great idea and Mom and Melody did too! Dad said if that's what they were doing, he wasn't going to answer the door! Well, he was right! The kids dug past the brown packets of hot chocolate to the nasty Now and Laters I threw in the bottom ( left over from Katy's class party). The parents thought it was great, but the kids just want regular old candy. Now I know!!!!!!! Don't lets get creative with the goods, just bring on the candy!!
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I don't think Jill's costume would fly over here. A good percentage of the neighborhood is Hispanic and that isn't a costume to them. They all looks so cute. I think Allyson was in her element being dressed like that. She really is a princess, and dresses up as a little girl most of the time.
Very cute costumes. Big fun at preschool. Wow, Jordan is really out of the costume stage? Crazy.
Yeah, a real bummer about the hot chocolate. I guess Dad is in the know about trick-or-treaters. At least we weren't passing out tooth brushes!
P.S. No offense to anyone who may have passed out tooth brushes. One time I was thrilled to get a glow-in-the-dark one!
Hey I tried glo-sticks this year, along with spider rings, they went over pretty well. My parents had 800 trick or treaters! So glad its all over!
Katy was the perfect Hermione! She looked awesome, and so did the rest of your girls. Why didn't Jordan dress up? I could have dressed him up as Harry potter or something. I do recall he was Harry potter in his earlier years, though. Anyway, cute, fun and cute.
Jillian's costume idea made both Jeff and I giggle. They all look really cute.
I think we live in the right neighborhood. We had about 6 trick-or-treaters. Time was, we had a lot more! I like Allyson's idea of a "nice alley." I don't love the gorey stuff.
Yep, I remember the old days when we lived, say, in Sandy, and got lots of trick-or-treaters. The higher the neighborhood house density, the more you get.
And about the hot chocolate, I don't mean to say I told you so, but . . .
good ole' aunties... thanks to sara, barrett's dream of being harry came true too this year!
Post a Comment