Monday, March 19, 2007
I am a Happy Mommy!
Sometimes as a mother my kids amaze me. Sometimes I'm amazed that a child of mine would do such a naughty thing, or such a cute thing etc. But, this weekend I was just happy to be Jordan's mom! To make a long story short, several of Jordan's friends have little "girlfriends". Let's bear in mind that they are in 6th grade for crying out loud. Anyway, one of the girls in our ward decided to ask Jordan to "Go" with her. Since when did girls do the asking? Her friend called our house and when she asked Jordan if he would go with Shelby, he said NO! The friend was annoying and kept calling and being silly. Finally, Jordan called the girls back and asked to actually talk to Shelby. He explained that he thinks they are too young to be "going" together and that was the reason he said no. I was so glad that he didn't feel pressured by his friends and stood up for what he believes in. It turns out that Shelby was feeling pressured by her fiends and was glad that he said no. I couldn't believe that he took care of the whole thing by himself. Shelby's Mom said that Shelby was so embarrassed because the other friend was being so annoying, but Jordan was such a little man about it that it made her feel better. He is really growing up! I hope he continues to be a nice boy and make such mature and sensible decisions as he enters the "armpit of the earth" next year in school. Also, as a side note, we measured him today and he is only one inch shorter than me now! Yikes!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
YOU must be doing something right, Amber, to see Jordan act that way. Kudos to you...you are not only a happy mom but a smart mom too!
How mature and kind too. I can't believe he's only 1 inch shorter than you!!!
Yeah, that's Jordan. I bet he will break hearts in the next few years, but at least he'll do so kindly! As he matures though, I hope he doesn't forget that he will always be my "crazy buddy."
Oh man! I can't believe he said no... I mean how grown up he is. It is crazy how much he's changed since I moved. I hope he always is as happy and sweet as he is whenever we visit. I really can't believe he'll be in Jr. High next year. And that you have a 12 year old! Good job Jord.
Such a dude. Way to go man.
Reminds me of the note that Jackson found secretly stuffed in his backpack this week.
::Front:: "To Jackson. From: Emma N" (Small heart picture).
::Inside:: (Enclosed in huge heart) "Do You Love Me"
We asked him.. "Well, do you?" His answer was an exasperated "I don't know!"
I'm going to tell him this story about Jordan, as an example of the right thing to do!
Pinkie squeezes to Jordan. My child!
Post a Comment