My dear blogger friends, I know I have neglected you all! Part of the reason is that I haven't been able to bug Todd about helping me put the video of Jonny and Katy dancing on here and that was going to be my next exciting blog. Also, I have been helping Todd with his bookwork whenever I can. Alas, he is a little stressed right now so I don't want to burden him with my computer issues! Anyway, today was the "Green Party" in preschool. Sad that both Mom and Lili are out of town so I get all the left over green treats that the kids brought (chococlate mint rice crispies, dirty popcorn, grapes etc.) Of course the kids were a little extra excited today, but all went well. It's hard to believe that there are only 2 1/2 months left of school-crazy!
The big news this month is that I am going to attempt a tri-athalon sprint! It is on March 24th in American Fork. It is a 300 swim, 12 mile bike, and 5K run. I have been either running and biking, or running and swimming about 4 times a week. Lately I have tried to do my biking first and then run so I can get used to that weird feeling in my legs. I usually like to get the running over with first in my workout since it is the hardest for me. I am also trying to make Mom do it with me, so everyone work on her! She swims, bikes and runs every time she works out, so she should do great! Plus, she will probably win a ribbon or something because what person in her age group is in such good shape!
In other news, Jordan's basketball team lost their first game in the tournament, so we are done for the season-is was a sad sad game! Now Jordan has a break from sports until baseball starts in May. Katy just started indoor soccer which is her first experience with city sports! She is also going to try out softball this summer. So far only Jordan has played any sports, so we'll see how this goes having other kids games to watch--it should be fun. The other day I was announcing that we were going to Katy's game and everyone was taken a back! Katy said "I like that-Katy's game instead of always Jordan's game!" I guess the girls don't get quite as much attention for their extracurriculars since they only have 1 or 2 dance recitals or whatever a year. It will be fun to pay a little extra attention to the middle child!
Anyway, happy St. Patty's day on Saturday! I hope you all have delicious green dinners!
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Good for Katy. I think she'll make a cute soccer player, or any other sport she decides to take on. Too bad for Jordan's game, but it's good to learn good sportmanship at a young age right? Don't let him read this. I'm sure that's the last thing he wants to hear. Happy SP day!
HI Amber
Thanks for the St Patricks Day wish. I just watched "Finean's Rainbow" Its perfect to watch for the green season. Bel
We can't wait for Katy's game today! See you there.
wahoo! New blog. Very nice. I am now inspired to make some green popcorn and things.
Good luck on the triatholon! I always wanted to do one. I don't think I'm doing much of anything lately- things got in the way, like pregnancy, a car accident, just stuff like that ;)
Thanks for keeping us updated on the your fam's activities. We love to cheer you on! I'll think about the triatholon . . .
Post a Comment