Friday, July 29, 2011

It's Just Be Cousins!

It seems like all the Cousin fun days have been at parks this summer. I guess they are easy, fun for all ages, and free! We have tried out some great new parks-below are the pics! By way of information, Jordan is a fair weather JBC participant. He is pretty old to be hanging out with the kids and such, but he does make an appearance sometimes if there is lunch or a good movie involved! He really is cute to still want to hang with his mommy, sisters, baby bro, Nana, aunties, and cousins! We love it when he graces us with his presence! In all fairness, he is busy doing big boy stuff during most of our cousinly times. It's just fun when he IS around--I love hanging with his funny self!

First we went to the regular old park in Lehi:



Then we tried the awesome new Alpine splash pad/huge park:
(The girls loved this park so much that we took Todd and Jordan with us the next week for family night. They played basketball and hotbox and played in the water. It was such a fun and relaxing time! This park also has an awesome bike/walking path around it and we have been riding our bikes there and running around the path a couple mornings a week. Corie and I meet Mom and Dad there on their bikes and Cami drives over to run with us too! It is about a 16 mile round trip bike for Corie and me, and then we run 2-4 miles depending on our energy levels. Let me tell you, this burns a TON of calories and it is so fun to meet up with everyone!)

Next was the lovely Manila Creek Park with a beach and reservoir for swimming (too bad Melody realized her purse camera had a smudge on it for the first pics... My kids really loved this cool swimming spot and couldn't wait to take some friends a few days later. I'm sure this will be something we will frequent!)

The last one was a cute little park near Melody's with hobbit tunnels and a b-ball/tennis court:

We have had a blast at all these parks this summer. We also went to the Highland splash pad, had a movie day at Cami's (it was awesome-we had 3 movie stations. One for adults/teenagers, one for toddlers, and one for the in betweeners!), and this week we all painted and glued pictures on composition books to make awesome covers for journals at Nana's house. I should have taken a picture, because they all turned out so cute and reflected everyone's personalities perfectly. Melody was actually not at this cousin day, just her kids were, since she was at girls camp. Well, unless I forgot one of the days, that sums up cousin fun so far this summer. We are hoping to get in the aquarium and a dollar movie too, so we will see!

5 comments:

Emily said...

I can't wait to join in the JBC fun! Think of some toddler-friendy adventures for when we are there in 3 weeks! Does your aquarium allow strollers? Ours does not, so we are definitely interested in that one. Cute, cute pictures. I can't wait to see all those littles!

Drew said...

What were the three movie selections?? Clearly we must know.

melody said...

I've been enjoying the low key JBCs this summer. Especially since Gabe is a wild man. Thanks for posting pictures! Pretty scrumptious children all around. (And I am including Jordan in that. He will always be baby Jordy with white-blond hair and chubby cheeks to me.)

Cami said...

Thank you for posting all of these times. (And planning them! I was such a lazy bum this summer!)

OH, and Drew. The movie selections were: It's Kind of a Funny Story for the adults/older kids, Fantastic Mr. Fox for the tweens, and I believe it was Beauty and the Beast for the little ones.

iamegyptian2100 said...





شركة شحن عفش من الرياض الي الامارات-دبي
شركة شحن من الرياض الى الامارات
شركة شحن من الرياض الى الامارات
شركة شحن من الرياض الي الامارات
شركة نقل اثاث من الرياض الى الامارات
شركة شحن من الرياض الي الامارات
شركة شحن من الرياض الي الامارات
شركة شحن من الرياض الي الامارات