Thursday, July 22, 2010

Conversations with Allyson

Earlier today...

While eating a hardboiled egg "Mom, this yellow part is the oak. The oak is the best part, but only when it is cooked and hard. When it isn't cooked, the oak is gross."

While at our garden...
We looked at our zucchini plant and surprise--It was ready to harvest! "This is the best day! Well, maybe not the BEST day, but this is so fun that we got to pick this--let's eat it!" She was amazed that our plants had things growing on them, and frankly so was I!

While walking home from the garden...
"Mom, otter pops are just snow and flavor. Cause I sucked out all the flavor and it tasted like snow!"
Holding up the zucchini with one hand "I'm the statue of zucchini!

Ally and I found ourselves home alone with the baby tonight while everyone else is out camping or having sleepovers, so we decided to get a brown topper from Arctic Circle. "I can't wait to tell Jillian what we did, she will be SO jealous!" Yikes, I think someone was a little jealous that they weren't having a sleepover...

Later on...

"Mommy, thank you for the ice cream. When I be a Mom, I'm going to take my kids to get ice cream-chocolate dipped!"

Anyway, It's fun to have one on one time with the kids sometimes. I feel like it's hard to make sure I spend enough time individually with each of the kids. I took a cute picture of Ally with the zucchini, but it won't upload or whatever. Maybe when Todd gets home from scout camp he can have a look see.

7 comments:

Drew said...

Oh that Ally, such a card. I remember outings as a kid just with Mom, they were the best.

Emily said...

Well, Ally, I think a runny "oak" is delicious.

I LOVE that girl. I miss her little voice. Bring on more funnies!

Cami said...

Oh man, she is funny. Seriously, I think we need to do the parent dates, I am just too lazy. Ethan needs some alone time for sure. Funny how one ice cream cone (I mean, dipped in CHOCOLATE, who wouldn't like that?) makes such an impact.

Melissa said...

My kids love to make each other jealous with their special times. I'm like, come on you guys...this isn't the point. Ally is funny and cute.

Katie Jack said...

Aww so cute! I love the otterpop one ;)

melody said...

Ha! These are great. I love that she is careful with superlatives.

katy said...

Yes that Allyson!!